Lexicon Introduces I•ONIX FW810S FireWire Audio Interface with dbx Mic Pre's and Dynamics
October 21, 2008
Lexicon and dbx partner to create the ultimate FireWire Audio Interface
Salt Lake City, Utah – Lexicon®, a Harman International Company (NYSE-HAR), is proudly introducing its I·ONIX FW810S FireWire Audio Interface with integrated channel strip processing. The I·ONIX FW810S represents a breakthrough in recording technology for the sophisticated home or project studio. This new recording interface offers the highest quality 96kHz sampling, coupled with dbx high-voltage, ultra-low noise mic pre’s and dynamics. All these powerful tools connect to your digital audio workstation through FireWire for the ultimate pro recording studio in a single rack unit.
Featuring built in dbx Type IV™ conversion; the I·ONIX FW810S will preserve the wide dynamic range of the analog recording even when input levels get too high. This allows for more headroom, capturing the subtle details in high-level signals instead of hard-clipping them.
The I·ONIX FW810S’s software mixer includes a dbx compressor, limiter, gate, and EQ on each channel, and lets users adjust levels and apply dbx dynamics for mixing and fine-tuning recordings in real time with zero latency. The unit also has the ability to save and load up to five monitor mixes – one for the main mix, and up to four for individual band members. The mixer outputs can also be used to incorporate external effects gear.
The Lexicon name is synonymous with “the world’s best reverb”. Pantheon II continues this legacy and delivers that “Lexicon Sound” used on most of today’s recorded music and movies. Pantheon II provides the ability to change the parameters of six different reverbs, or use one of the 35 factory presets. Also included is a hardware monitor reverb for zero latency monitor mixing. This allows the performer to put a monitor reverb on their monitor mix without having the latency of monitoring through a reverb plug-in in the DAW.
The software suite operates on Windows® and Mac® platforms and includes Steinberg’s Cubase, Toontrack EZdrummer Lite, and Lexicon Pantheon II reverb plug-in.
The Lexicon I·ONIX FW810S Firewire Audio Interface feature set includes:
• dbx high-voltage, ultra-low noise mic pre’s on all eight channels
• dbx dynamics (compressor, limiter, gate, EQ) on all eight analog input channels
• Two front panel XLR + _” combi-jacks for mic/line or instrument inputs
• Six combi-jacks on the rear panel for mic/line inputs
• Type IV conversion feature emulates tape saturation at high levels
• Zero latency mixer hardware with dbx dynamics and a hardware monitor reverb
• 44.1kHz to 96kHz sample rates, 24 bit A/D conversion, 32 bit processing
• Eight analog TRS outputs (7.1 surround capable) and stereo main (control room) outputs
• Five unique stereo monitor mixes using all 10 output channels
• Stereo S/PDIF digital I/O
• MIDI in and out
• Firewire 400 connection to host CPU
• 1/4” high output headphone connection
• Lexicon Pantheon II reverb plug-in
Lexicon is a unit of Harman International Industries, Incorporated (www.harman.com). Harman International designs, manufactures and markets a wide range of audio and infotainment products for the automotive, consumer and professional markets, and maintains a strong presence in the Americas, Europe and Asia, employing more than 11,000 people worldwide. The Harman International family of brands includes AKG®, Audioaccess®, Becker®, BSS®, Crown®, dbx®, DigiTech®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson®, Revel®, QNX®, Soundcraft® and Studer®. Harman International’s stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “NYSE: HAR.”